Our overarching ESG standards for all business activities
The following rules apply to all types of business activity within the Group:
- We comply with all EU and UN embargoes and sanctions. Where necessary, we go beyond local regulations.
- We do not tolerate any fraudulent activity: be it against our company, our customers or our employees We combat any type of fraud.
- We do not do business with anyone who has been found guilty of bankruptcy or insolvency offences, corruption, money laundering, terrorist financing or other serious criminality. The same goes for companies run by such people.
- We do not get involved in transactions that aim to reduce and/or evade taxes and duties. This applies both in Germany and abroad.
- We follow the recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force on transaction with countries classified as non-cooperative by the FATF.
- We do not engage in transaction associated with the following issues or business practices: drug dealing, human trafficking, sexual exploitation, exploitative child and forced labour, slavery, smuggling immigrants, organ trafficking, prostitution, pornography or product piracy.
Respecting human rights:
In addition to the overarching ESG standards, we also require our suppliers and external service providers, for example, to protect human rights. This obligation also covers our suppliers' supply chains.
With special-purpose project financing we ensure that human rights are protected by applying the standards of the World Bank and other commitments. This is because large mining and infrastructure projects are often associated with breaches of human rights and the rights of indigenous peoples.