Facility Management as basis of the environmental management system
Company environmental protection has been important to us since in 1970s. We have steadily developed this commitment over the years. Experience has shown us that environmental protection and business management complement each other very well.
- 1970s: The main operating building at Brienner Strasse 18 was one of the most technically advanced in Munich. It set new standards for energy and resource efficiency.
- 1990s: We renovated our second biggest building, Brienner Strasse 20, in a way that was environmentally responsibly. The photovoltaic plant is still in use today.
- In 1993 we created the first full-time job for an environmental protection officer.
- In 1994 we published our first environmental statement.
- In 1995 we signed the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
- In 1998 the Board of Management, based on the environmental guidelines, approved the environmental policy still in place across the Group today. Since then, it has formed the basis for all measures to improve environmental performance.