Investment products that meet sustainability criteria: This is what we offer to retail and institutional investors, for example through our BayernInvest, DKB and Real I.S. subsidiaries. The range includes funds and mandate solutions, fixed income securities and real estate.
Sustainable fund products and mandate solutions
The DKB Future Fund invests mainly in shares of companies that meet strict sustainability criteria. The fund ismanaged by our subsidiary BayernInvest. It also offers indexed and actively managed special alternative investments funds (AIFs, previously special funds) for institutional customers.
- BayernInvest has signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). These include the obligation to consider ESG issues when making investment decisions. For more details, please see our RI Transparency Report at www.unpri.org.
- Many charitable foundations put their trust in asset management and fund solutions from our subsidiaries Real I.S. and BayernInvest. We are also receptive to new trends like mission investing.
- We advise interested potential donors on designing and setting up charitable foundations. We are members of the Association of German Foundations and the Donors' Association for the Promotion of Humanities and Sciences.
Sustainable fixed-income securities
- Green bonds and similar securities. The issue proceeds from these fixed-income securities finance projects to protect the environment and the climate. For instance, the construction of wind power and photovoltaic facilities and making buildings more energy-efficient.
- Bonds from sustainable issuers. These include bonds from companies that regularly score highly in sustainability ratings. Issues from companies in sectors especially relevant to sustainability are included too. For more details, see the annual and interim reports of BayernLB.
- Donation bonds. Retail investors buy a fixed-income security issued by BayernLB through their savings bank. By doing so they support charitable projects: For every EUR 1,000 invested, the savings bank donates up to EUR 3 of its sales commission. In addition, BayernLB issues several government bonds with donation components that are sold through over 50 sales partner.
Sustainable real estate investments
Our subsidiary Real I.S. offers investment opportunities for real estate investors interested in sustainability. It ensures that where possible its products meet "green" standards.
- Many of its properties in Germany and abroad have won prestigious awards such as the "German Seal of Quality for Sustainable Construction". For more details see www.realisag.de
- Real I.S. also identifies buildings in its own portfolio that can qualify for certification and strives for sustainability certification.