Intensive discussions with many social groups
There are many people and institutions that have a justified interest in BayernLB. We have intensive discussions with these stakeholders. The dialogue is shaped by various areas: HR, the front office, Investor Relations, the Press Department and Sustainability Management.
Dialogue with sustainability rating agencies
This exchange has taken on a new depth in recent years. Sustainability ratings are important for us.
- The percentage of investors who take sustainability criteria into account for their investments is growing. The Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA) now puts the figure are over 30% worldwide.
- The list of criteria used by the sustainability rating agencies is a trend radar. We therefore look very hard to see if the weightings of the existing criteria are changing or new ones being added.
- We also use the ratings to review and improve our sustainability management.
Politics and lobbying
As a Landesbank, just under 75% of our shares are owned by the Free State of Bavaria. Our tasks are set out in the Bayerische Landesbank Act.
- We do not make contributions to political parties.
- We have no employees working on attachment in regional or federal ministries. We do not have representative offices in Berlin or Brussels.
Swapping experiences, developing common strategies, finding solutions: this is why we belong to a variety of associations and groups that are involved in banking, business and sustainability issues such as (in alphabetical order):
- The Association of German Public Banks (VOEB)
- The Association of German Pfandbrief Banks (VdP)
- Climate Pact Munich
- The Energy Procurement and Energy Efficiency Working Party
- The Environmental Pact of Bavaria
- The European Association of Public Banks (EAPB)
- The German Savings Banks Association (DSGV)
- The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
- Wirtschaft weiß-blau