Sustainable financing (ESG)
Are you looking specifically for financial products and services in the real estate sector that promote sustainability? We are your #Fortschrittsfinanzierer – your financier of progress – and you can bet we are focused on ESG-compliance in all our asset classes. Our 360° real estate service and expertise will navigate your sustainable projects across the entire value chain to success.
What sustainable, green products are there in real estate financing? Where can you find a reliable partner that understands the real estate business and can guide you on all aspects of sustainable financing throughout the value chain of your property? What are your best options for investing in green assets? What do you need to know when subsidies are involved in energy-efficiency building renovations?
You have questions? We take a 360° approach to real estate financing, giving you expert advice coupled with sustainable financing solutions and financial services at every turn. Talk to us.
“By the end of 2024, we’d like to close more than half of our new real estate transactions in an ESG-compliant manner.”Bianca Reinhardt, Real Estate Business Management
BayernLB offers you sustainable financing
- such as green loans that meet the LMA standards (Green Loan Principles of February 2021)
- upon the fulfilment of a social objective of the Bavarian sustainability strategy
- with the help of subsidies.
To receive a BayernLB green loan, your property must have
- an EPC, with an appropriate rating, or
- a sustainability certification issued by e.g. DGNB, LEED or BREAM, with an appropriately positive evaluation.
Learn more in our presentation “Sustainable real estate financing”, which you can find in the download box.
But there’s more: BayernLB’s real estate-connected subsidiaries also provide services that are focused on sustainability under our 360° approach:
- Real I.S.: Offers real estate funds with ecological characteristics that focus on reducing the GHG emissions caused by real estate. The primary objective is to invest in and continuously manage properties that, due to their specific characteristics, contribute to achieving the goal of the Paris Climate Agreement to limit global warming to less than 1.5°C by 2050 compared to pre-industrial levels. A "manage-to-green" approach is also pursued, i.e. within a specified period of time, the properties can be brought into line with the decarbonisation target path specific to the country and type of use through remediation measures.
The assessment is based on the decarbonisation pathways published by the Carbon Risk Real Estate Monitor (CRREM).
- LBImmoWert: Within the scope of the property valuation, the holistic concept of sustainability is taken into account and the relevant ESG criteria are addressed in detail. In addition to the sustainability score, which has been established for years, LBImmoWert has developed a method together with the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics IBP, which is used to classify the energy efficiency of non-residential properties from class A to G.
- BayernFM: A wide range of support services on ESG issues in building management, from data analysis and evaluation to the development and implementation of optimisation measures and certification in accordance with DIN EN 16247-1 Energy Audit and GEFMA 160 Sustainable Management.
- DKB: Financing of affordable housing, processing of subsidies, financing of energy-efficient new construction as well as energy-saving/age-appropriate renovations
What you get
- Support for your projects along the entire value chain – from a single source, under one roof
- Better conditions, depending on the product and financing structure
- Financing in the form of green loans
BayernLB is one of the largest real estate financiers in Germany. Our comprehensive real estate network combines the expertise of our teams with that of our subsidiaries Real I.S., DKB, BayernFM, BayernImmo, LBImmoWert and BayernGrund. For you, this means the full 360° of real estate expertise – individually tailored and industry-specific.