Energy is a future-oriented area, the energy industry a forward-looking sector. Utilities have laid the strategic groundwork in the past few years. They have invested in solar and wind power plants, modernised conventional power plants and enhanced the networks.
Persistent pressure for change is being driven not just by the need for digitalisation but also by the political climate goals. The envisaged decarbonisation of energy production will only work if we have more photovoltaic and on and offshore wind power. At the same time, making major investments in storage technology, coupling the sector with use of green power in industry, buildings and transport, and expanding the distribution networks are on companies’ agendas.
To ensure a sustainable structural transition is achieved, utilities and investors are reliant on experienced financing partners that can realise even large investment volumes and complex project finance solutions.
Do you want to further the expansion of renewable energy in Europe and North America?
Do you want to broaden your business model towards providing energy as a service?
Are you interested in ESG-based financial instruments?
Our energy sector teams in Munich and New York provide holistic consulting on an equal footing. We work with you to develop structured financing solutions that are tailored precisely to you and your needs. So you can continue ensuring a sustainable energy supply in future.
- In-depth sector expertise: we understand the business models in the energy sector and are familiar with the current technological and regulatory environment.
- Consulting from a single team: we pool international consulting and comprehensive product expertise in our sector teams and as such we can guarantee dedicated contacts, informed strategic discussions, short decision channels and solutions tailored to your needs.
- Viable financing concepts: we work with you to develop the right solution, drawing on our profound structuring expertise.
We are a strong partner to the energy sector:
- Since the 1990s, BayernLB has taken a lead role in supporting project finance to expand renewable energy (photovoltaic, on and offshore wind power plants, geothermal energy, hydro-electric power) in Germany, Europa and North America.
- As an institution under public law, we are traditionally a reliable partner to utilities as well as project developers and independent electricity producers, and have been supporting the sector’s structural transition for decades.