Construction and materials
The construction and the materials sectors form the foundation for the entire economy. Construction companies optimise our infrastructure by building schools, roads, bridges and housing. At the same time, the materials expertise and innovative power of the basic resources producers are essential to enable renewable energy to be expanded, e-mobility to be developed and lightweight construction in aviation to be pursued.
Modern construction projects are complex and steel, aluminium and cement production is energy-intensive. To meet the requirements for climate-friendly production processes, major investments are required in energy efficiency, but also in research and development. Decarbonisation and sustainability are the trend-setters.
Companies in the construction and materials sector need experienced financing partners that can also assist with significant investment volumes and complex structured finance.
Are you investing in climate-friendly and efficient production processes?
Do you want to advance the expansion and modernisation of public infrastructure?
Are you interested in ESG-based financial instruments?
Our sector teams provide you with holistic consulting on an equal footing. We understand your business. We work with you to develop structured financing solutions that are tailored precisely to you and your needs. So you can enjoy sustainable success in future as well.
- In-depth sector expertise: we understand the business models in the construction and materials sector and are familiar with the current technological environment.
- Consulting from a single team: we pool consulting and product expertise in our sector teams and as such we can guarantee dedicated contacts, informed strategic discussions, short decision channels and solutions tailored to your needs.
- Viable financing concepts: we work with you to develop the right solution, drawing on our profound structuring expertise.
We are a strong partner to the construction and materials sector:
- BayernLB draws on decades-long customer relationships with top companies in Germany and Europe.
- We have taken a leading role in implementing structured investment financing and increasingly take into account ESG aspects.
- We have supported PPP projects in Germany for around 20 years and are now one of the leading specialised lenders for social and transport infrastructure.