The sustainable primary market is growing significantly, both on the issuer and investor side. Demand for ESG-compliant assets keeps rising. In the first five months of 2022 alone, the new issue volume of green, social, sustainability and sustainability-linked bonds amounts to more than EUR 320 billion (following EUR 1.051 trillion for the whole of 2021), with the green segment accounting for half of this volume.
Are you looking to issue a bond or promissory note in furtherance of a particular ESG cause? Draw on our extensive expertise to successfully place your (debut) instrument.
We have been regularly active as an arranger for our financial institutions clients in this segment since 2016 – in fact, our contribution up to date to the sustainable capital market amounts to approximately EUR 13 billion.
Consulting, structuring and issuance – working together for your sustainable financing
You can expect, among other things, the following from us:
- ESG advisory services – for structuring, designing your framework and a whole lot more
- In-depth analyses from our Research team, covering the latest trends in diverse ESG matters (Verlinkung Research Seite)
- Issue and support of bond and promissory note issues in the ESG segment, from A-Z
What you get
Given the consistently high demand among ESG-focused investors for classified new issues, a successful placed ESG instrument can
- increase the visibility of the issuer
- achieve an attractive price advantage compared to conventional issues
- often outperform other instruments in the secondary market, in addition to lower new issue premium in the primary market, with a positive effect for future projects
Our experience – BayernLB is a pioneer in sustainable capital market financing
We also focus on innovative and sustainable products when it comes to our group’s own funding. In 2022 we were able to classify two-thirds of our new issues as sustainable, playing a pioneering role in terms of theme specific bonds like social housing bond and green rail bond.