As a streamlined specialised bank, BayernLB is a major investment financier for the Bavarian and German economy. We are committed to progress. Our customers – companies, financial institutions, investors, savings banks and the public sector – are at the centre of our sustainable approach. As a stable and financially strong bank with international activities, we work efficiently and think long-term.
We have long-standing experience and in-depth knowledge of the sectors in which our customers operate. We understand their business challenges for the future, offer solutions that match their needs and are partners on an equal footing – always cultivating reliable and trusting working relationships.
Why BayernLB is positioning itself as a financier of progress (#Fortschrittsfinanzierer). Please click to start.
- We've set our sights on the sectors of the future. Our absolute specialities are mobility, energy, technology, construction, basic materials, and machine and plant engineering. As an investment financier we help companies from these industries in particular to successfully develop their business models.
- As a real estate financier we offer 360-degree know-how across the entire value chain of the real estate business – and in a wide variety of asset classes. We combine our high level of expertise with comprehensive support and a deep understanding of our clients' needs.
- We are the central bank for the Bavarian savings banks and for decades we have been a proven partner to the savings banks in Bavaria and throughout Germany. Our relationship, which has grown over many years, is based on performance, professionalism and reliability.
- We impress banks, insurers and pension funds with our expertise and an offering which matches their financing and investment needs. This is the basis for our close and long-standing relationships to financial institutions.
- We open new doors for the public sector. Our financial solutions make us the principal bank for the Free State of Bavaria and a strong partner to states, municipalities and public companies.
- Our development bank BayernLabo is an essential provider of housing subsidies in the state and the market leader for loans to Bavarian municipalities.
Our Group subsidiaries
- As a tech bank, DKB provides its more than 4.5 million customers with an excellent client experience and outstanding digital solutions.
- Our asset management companies BayernInvest and Real I.S. enable our customers to choose from a wide variety of sustainable investments.
- Free State of Bavaria (approx. 75%)
- Association of Bavarian Savings Banks (approx. 25%)
Right where our customers need us.
- Germany: Munich (head office), Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin, and Leipzig
- Europe: branches in London, Milan, and Paris; representative office in Moscow
- US: branch in New York City
- German Centre: Shanghai and Taicang
Liquidity & funding
- Capital market funding In the year 2021 was marked by several benchmark bonds (Tier 2, NPS, covered bonds)
- The main purpose was to maintain the positive liabilities structure from the perspective of investors and rating agencies
- The focus this year is on secured funding, which goes hand in hand with the Bank’s growth strategy in real estate
- BayernLB continues to ensure its capital market presence by regularly issuing benchmark bonds
- Liquidity coverage ratio (LCR): 271% as at Dec 2021
- Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR): 137 % as at Dec 2021