Our customers’ satisfaction is paramount for us. We have therefore set up a central complaints unit and implemented complaint management measures. This gives you the opportunity to voice criticisms and us the chance to implement an appropriate and fast system for processing complaints. Based on the complaints received, we can also recognise and rectify recurring errors and improve our processes. In this way, we want to increase your level of satisfaction and maintain a long-term customer relationship.
Who can submit a complaint?
All existing and potential customers (e.g. individuals, organisations, municipalities and companies) for which we provide or initiate activities related to banking services or investment services/ ancillary investment services, can submit a complaint (complainant).
What information must be conveyed?
In order to process your complaint promptly and completely, we need the following information from you:
- Full contact details (address, telephone number, e-mail address if applicable)
- Description of the issue
- Purpose of the complaint (e.g. rectification of an error, improvement of services, clarification of a difference of opinion, etc.)
- Copies of documents required to provide insight into the incident (if available)
- If you are contacting us in the name of and on behalf of somebody else, please pro-vide us with an authority to represent this person
What is the procedure for processing a complaint?
- Once we have received the complaint, we will send a confirmation to notify you of receipt. This is sent to you together with information about the complaints procedure.
- Information on the complaints procedure is also available on request, irrespective of whether a confirmation of receipt has been issued.
- A response is provided within a reasonable time after receipt of the complaint depending on the complexity of the complaint. We will inform you about the cause, if the answer to your complaint takes more time and the estimated time for handling. If the complaint can be promptly resolved, you will receive an answer instead of the confirmation of receipt.
- If the final decision does not meet some or all of your demands, the reasons will be clearly explained along with the decision.
Should you decide to uphold your complaint, you have the option of involving the arbitration section of the Association of German Public Banks (Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands (VÖB)):
Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle beim Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands, VÖB
Postfach 11 02 72
10832 Berlin, Germany
Tel. +49 30 81 92-2 95
Fax +49 30 81 92-2 99
In addition, you have the option of taking legal action.
We have laid out the complaint processing procedure in a detailed process description. Further information is available on request from our complaints unit.
Your compliant will be handled free of charge.